Water purifiers have different types of water purification method but the question is how much purity it can give. What you should know before buying a water purifier? How can you choose the best water purifier is the aim of this guide.
Water is known as Lifeline because it is the most essential part of life. Water contains minerals that are necessary for the human body. Lack of water can cause so many diseases such as kidney damage. Besides water purifier is one of the essential kitchen and dining accessories. So to maintain good health there is no alternative to take adequate water. But if you don’t drink pure water It can be more harmful to your health.
You must give the highest attention to ensure water purity to avoid water-borne diseases & contaminate water. But nowadays It’s not that easy to get clean, pure water due to overpopulation, industrial development & environmental deterioration. So, In this stage, we must be careful about water purification method & know the best water purifier to ensure water safety.
How can I purify Borewell water at home? You can purify water at home by using water purifiers. A standard water purifier takes out excess salt, microbes, germs, virus & regain essential vitamins & minerals.
Nowadays there are so many water purifiers manufacturers are available in the market. So, It is tough to find out which is best to purify water that meets all the requirements of water purification systems,
Our guide will help you to find out the right water purifier. Go through the guideline to know the process & ensure the health & safety of your family.
Major Factors To Choose Right Water Purifier:
Many people make a common mistake that they think water purifiers & filters are the same. But the major difference is a purifier can vanish viruses, bacteria properly that filters can’t. Water pollution is now a major issue so It has a high risk to use a filter. Polluted water contains germs like viruses & bacteria.
The water purifier has also different types & uses different methods to purify the water. You need to find out the purifier that applies the best type of water purification method. The major factors that need to be considered before selecting a type of purifier are water quality, purification method. Some purifiers use one method whereas some use multiple purification methods. The details are discussed below.
Types of water purification method:
Different water purifiers use different purification techniques to carry out contamination. All the methods are not able to purify water properly. So, let’s learn the water purification methods to disguise the best one from the available purifier.
1. Oldest Filtration:
The oldest water purification method is to added chlorine. Chlorine kills germs but It has a lot of negative impact on our health.
- It can cause cancer.
- You must avoid purifiers that use any kind of chemical filtration method such as chlorine.
2. Activated Carbon Filtration:
This type of filtration normally applies carbon that reacts with silver molecules.
- The pores of the filter can trap the impurities of the water.
- Before final filtration, it goes through pre-filter.
- It can remove bad smell, color, chemicals such as chlorine.
- It failed to remove dissolved salt from water.
- It is good to use in case of the gas. But to perfect purification of water, It is not money worthy.
3. Reverse Osmosis (RO):
The most effective & popular water purification method is RO. The people have so many questions such as How does the Ro water purifier works? When you decide to buy a water purifier you heard about Ro & now confuse What is Ro water purifier technology? Is Ro water purifier good for health? There are lots of questions that arise. So, I am going to explain all these queries & make you clear about RO.
Reverse Osmosis is the purification method where polluted water forces water to pass through a membrane with high pressure. So that water is passed with 100% purity but the pollution, germs, chemicals such as Chlorine, cd, Iron, Cu, etc are remaining behind. It can’t pass through the membrane. Here you force the water to treat against Its natural flow to ensure contaminants free water.
- Multi-stage filtration that provides Active Carbon with Particle filtration.
- The membrane is made of polymer film that contains small pore to carry out micro germs in the water.
- The contaminant is flush out by an outlet pipe.
- Ro improves water taste by adding vitamins.
- It is biologically safe & secured.
- Do not require electricity.
- It is the common question What removes Ro from water? Ro removes bacteria, viruses, dissolved minerals, chlorine, organic compounds, etc.
- In the case of the low-pressure water, RO does not work.
- There is some probability to carry out some essential minerals too.
- Ro is the best purification method in the case of underground water or coastal areas. You can try Ro without any worry. If the pressure is low, attach a pump.
- Which Ro water purifier is best? You can undoubtedly choose ULTIMA Ro.
- Ultima Ro uses0.45 Micron filters in the 1st stage & Coconut Shell Carbon for the 2nd stage that ensures contaminant-free water. It also removes bad smell, Iron from water & added taste to water.
- Ultima is Portable & uses a Food-grade air pressure tank that makes it protective of any kind of pollution.
- Ultima uses a filter size that is available in the market. So, you don’t need to depend only on one company.
- Where to buy a Ro water purifier? The best choice is Dr homey. Because of Homey provides Original Ro purifiers at an affordable price, outstanding after-sale service & customer support. You don’t need to worry about How to install Ro water purifier? Homey will manages all these things efficiently.
4. Ultraviolet Filtration(UV):
It is one kind of disinfection purification method. In this method, water is passing through a cylindrical chamber that contains a UV lamp. When notices any microorganism the UV rays kill that.
- It can remove all kinds of viruses, bacteria & pathogens.
- Only needs power supply less than 60 Watt bulb.
- It can also remove Arsenic, bad smell everything.
- It can’t handle Dissolved impurities.
- It is highly recommended in the case of biological unsafe water.
- The best choice for 100% purity You can choose the mixture purification method of Ro & UV. That gives a 100% guarantee to give pure water that contains vitamins & minerals.
- The mixture method also protects you from diseases like Gastric, Diabetics, etc.
- Ultima has some excellent purifiers that follow both RO & UV that contains 8stage of purification. Also, it shows a live TDS indicator. So there is no chance of a single impurity. So, It can be the best choice according to your budget.
This also a membrane purification method that applies size-exclusion principles.
- Only water or low molecules can pass through this.
- It can remove suspended solids.
- It can’t remove Ions.
- It is good to use as a pre-filter stage but not as good as the main filtration system.
6. Ion Exchange Resins Filters:
This method is used resins to absorb minerals. It can also soften the water by absorbing the salt.
The best purifier uses multiple methods at a time to ensure pure water. ULTIMA is a world-class brand where you find a collection of purifiers that uses multiple methods to purify perfectly & add vitamins & minerals. To ensure your health & best water you can choose according to your budget & types of water.
When buying a water purifier Pointers to Check:
- Quality Of Water: First thing you need to know the quality of your water. So, find out the pollution level in your water. You can do a laboratory test to find out an accurate result. A general water test will give you pH level, Coliform bacteria, Total Dissolved Solids(TDS), fluoride, organic carbon contaminants. You can choose a mechanic to get a basic idea about it. This will help you to decide whether you need to carry out dissolved minerals, irons or kill the bacteria or both.
- Electricity: If your area has the uncertainty of electricity supply then better to choose Ro or Uv method purifier.
- Place: Decide whether you need to apply purification in one drinking water tap or for the full house water supply.
- Storage: All the purifiers available in the market don’t have the feature of storage. So, before buying you should check whether the filter has storage capacity. You can collect purified water using storage. So, if you have an electrical problem this feature can solve the problem.
- Technique: Above I mention details about all the purification methods & It’s advantages, limitations too. In the market, you find a variant purifier that uses various methods. But according to your water type & purification requirements, you will wisely choose a purifier that can efficiently purify your water. For example, your water contains only chemicals like chlorine so you can go for purifiers that use activated carbon filtration. But when the water contains bacteria, pathogens, Dissolved minerals you need a mixture filtration method of Ro & Uv. So, according to your water quality, you can select the best water purifier that meets your needs.
- Stages: When you see a purifier to use a single-step method to purify water. You must avoid it. Because one step is not enough to derive pure water. When the number of stages & techniques increase the water will become more purified & healthy.
- Purification Quality: Always remember quality is more important than money. So, don’t jump to cheap purifiers that can’t ensure 100% purification of water. You must check the purified water quality then choose the brand.
- Easy To Use: As it is daily use of our home It must have easy functionality.
- Materials: Check all the materials used to make the water purifier is original & food grade quality & sustainable. Aluminum can react with salt & creates hazards. So, avoid purifiers that use Aluminium.
- TDS Level: Water contains some important elements that are necessary for our good health. Some purifiers also carry out those important elements whereas some purifiers have Total Dissolved Solids(TDS) management indicator that helps to preserve all the necessary minerals, salts & vitamins. The TDS system gives the purification method to a complete solution to purify accurately like ULTIMA. How much TDS must be in drinking water? When the TDS value remains less than 300 after purification that means the water is excellent. But if the purified water contains the TDS level above 900 that is bad for health. So, you must check this issue to ensure good health (Gupta, 2019).
- Capacity: You must check the capacity of the purifier that how much water it can purify per hour. Does it meet your family’s demand? After that, you can select.
- Purification Capacity: Check the overall capacity that It can purify. After that charge is required.
- Annual Maintenance Contract(AMC): A purifier may face problems at any time. So the after-sale service is very important. Sometimes It can need replacement So It is better to go for AMC.
- Auto OFF: After the storage tank is becoming filled It will auto OFF the water flows into RO purifiers.
- Live Indicators: Some purifiers have live indicators to show purity indication that ensure purity.
- Voice Alerts: Voice alert is an amazing feature of high-quality purifiers that can give various alerts such as UV fail, Filter change or faces any technical interruption. So you can get conscious about the problem & take action to solve it.
- Auto flushing: Some purifiers membrane gets flushed & clean automatically. That increases the durability of your purifiers.
- Hot & Cold: Some water features have the feature to give hot & cold water. Sometimes both are essential. So, if you like this feature check the purifier that provides both cold & hot water according to the instructions.
- Certification: Certificates give the guarantee that a certain company’s product is tested & It meet’s the quality requirement & comply that their product is standard. Certification proves that all the features they are mentioning are true. Because If it is not true it won’t get the certification, they will fail in the test.
NSF: If your purifiers company has the NSF certificates that means it maintains the standard quality of purification method to ensure health & safety. So, before buying a purifier you must check whether the product has an NSF mark.
So, you just check the above criteria to choose the best water purifier for your home. Why ULTIMA is the best? Because it will certainly give all the necessary features & functionality like above. It has various models that meet your needs according to your budget. The outstanding after-sale service makes your purchasing experience smoother. You will get a money worthy purifier that is enough durable & high –quality purifiers.
How good is boiled water for drinking:
Boiled water can remove the germs only. Unfortunately, boiled water contains the most harmful chemicals such as Arsenic, Chlorine, Cd, Aluminium, bad smell, dissolve solids. So, it actually brings a heavy risk to your health. It also can’t improve the taste like purifiers.
Moreover, there is a chance of getting in an accident while boiling water. Also, when you keep the water to cool down the virus & bacteria can again attack. So, the boiled water has a safety issue & also the risk of diseases. So, don’t compromise with your valuable health.
What is the best water to drink? Now you certainly agree with me that water that purifies by a standard purifier is the best water to drink. It is tasty & safe. It can help you to get rid of many diseases.
The human body contains almost 80% of water. So, contaminant water can cause so many vital health issues. You can’t live peacefully without water. So, no compromise with the quality of purifiers because it directly linked to your valuable life. Pick the best purifier according to your needs & budget.
I hope this guideline will make all your confusion clear & confident enough to select the right purifier. Start analyzing, comparing water purification methods, go through the reviews & find the perfect water purifier for your family.